Is My Blog Burning? IMBB 13: Cupcakes and Muffins Galore!
Update posted late Sunday, March 27th: I wasn't at my computer most of the weekend, and there were a few late or inadvertently omitted entries waiting in my mailbox. They've now all been posted I think, bringing the total to 89 entries. Wow.
It seems that this month's IMBB theme really struck a chord with many food bloggers, since there are, if I've managed to count correctly,
84 89 entries! Several people made more than one muffin or cupcake too, so there are 100 or so different cupcakes and muffins to try.
It's impossible for me to pick any favorites out of the wonderful entries. I'll be enjoying many, many hours trying out the different recipes.
Thanks to everyone who participated! I did get a bit overwhelmed by the number of submissions (to put it mildly), so my apologies for not replying to all your individual emails. If your entry is not listed, please let me know and I'll correct that ASAP.
And once again, a big thanks goes out to Alberto for starting IMBB. Every IMBB allows people to discover new food blogs and re-visit old favorites, and that's just a great thing. Also big thanks to Ronald for helping everyone keep track of all the food blogging events out there.
I've grouped the entries into groups by general category: sweet cupcakes, sweet muffins, savory muffins (and a couple of savory cupcakes), and last but not least, cupcakes that are probably not edible. So without further ado, here are the links to all the cupcakes and muffins.
Part One: Cupcakes
- Samer made deep dark chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing.
- Stephanie of Dispensing Happiness made Dulce De Leche-Filled Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting.
- snackish made Pumpkin Cupcake (or muffin: I have arbitrarily put it in the cupcake category since it has an interesting coconut-custard topping.)
- Alan and Jenny of Sweet & Savory made Banana Cupcake Surprise.
- Tanvi of from the pantry made Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Matt made Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes.
- Mia of The Skinny Epicurean made My Little Vanilla Gem. She's going to use these to kickstart her food business. Good luck Mia!
- Nikiof Esurientes made Lazy persons' Black Forest Cakes.
- Jocelyn aka McAuliflower of Brownie Points made Marzipan Topped Raspberry Filled Mocha Cupcakes, with gorgeous marzipan daffodils on top.
- Stella of baby rambutan made two cupcakes: cocoa-cashew babycakes with raspberry puree and cashew-chocolate bark, and lemon poppyseed babycakes: plain, and with chocolate frosting and pearl suga. Check them both out here. She seems to have had a very good assistant!
- Pickles of Pickles & Jams made Marble cupcakes with a Twist.
- Mariko of super eggplant made Easy Birthday Cupcakes.
- Nicole of delicious:days made Pasteis de Nata.
- Angela of A Spoonful of Sugar made Triple Lemon Cupcakes.
- Andy of Minor Gourmandry made Chocolate Cupcakes with Coffee Buttercream.
- Alicat of Something So Clever made Lemon Cupcakes with lovely flower decorations.
- Lyn of Lex Culinaria made Cupcakey Goodness, and recounts past encounters with cupcakes. (Let's hope the cupcakes don't cost her her job..)
- pinkcocoa from Pinkcocoa Tabetai made My Little Chocolate Surprise Cupcake. See below for her muffins too.
- Jessica of Su Good Eats made Fluffernutter Cupcakes.
- bbrug of Brooklyn Bridge User Blog made Semolina Cupcakes with Rose Frosting: the icing is flavored with rose water.
- Lynn of To Short Term Memories made Ginger Cupcake Triple Play.
- Annalyn of ajay's writings on the wall made Peanut Butter Cupcakes, and banana macaroons too.
- Dreska of Little Fancies made Easter Basket Cupcakes.
- Santos of the scent of green bananas made matcha cupcakes with pistachio cream and totoro "truffles". Totoro truffles!!
- He also made i should cocoa and naga cupcake.
- Nicole of bakingsheet made Neapolitan Buttermilk Cupcakes.
- Sarah of Cooking With The Headhunter made Decadent Blueberry Muffins.
- Jenni of Pertelote made milk chocolate cupcakes with a passionfruit cheesecake filling. (Note: I couldn't find a permalink, so just look for the March 24th entry.)
- Zara Maria of Food & Thoughts made Magnolia Cupcakes.
- Molly of spicetart made Orange Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Lemon Cream-Cheese Frosting and a Star On Top and Sprinkles.
- Caryn of Delicious! Delicious! made very colorful Flower Cupcakes.
- Alan of ma'ona made Chocolate Curry Cupcakes with Lemongrass Infused Coconut Buttercream Frosting.
- Carolyn of 18thC Cuisine made Biscuits de Chocolat (Small Cakes of Chocolate Biscuit).
- Lisa made David Lebowitz's Black Bottoms Cupcakes: she doesn't hae a blog yet, so here is a picture of her holding a trayful of them.
- Emily of baking beast made Marcel Desaulniers' Granny Twichell's Secret Chocolate Cupcake Recipe.
- Moira of Who Wants Seconds? made Black Bottom Cupcakes.
- Nicola of A Sprinkle of Sequins made Nigella Lawson's Carrot Cupcakes with Cream-Cheese Icing.
- Gillian of The Queen of Tarts made Mrs. White's Cupcakes. The name does not adequately describe the visual impact of teal-colored cake with peach colored frosting!
- Kate of Accidental Hedonist made Cream filled Cupcake with Dark Chocolate Ganache frosting.
- Kelli Ann of avoir une famille n'est pas comme un téléroman made Everyday Food Easy Chocolate Cupcakes.
- Alice of My Epicurean Debauchery made Tea Cupcakes with Anko filling. (Anko is a Japanese sweet bean paste.)
- Robyn of Food Chronicles made dark chocolate cupcakes with white buttercream and chocolate buttercream frosting.
- Brigitte of Sweetnicks made Cherry Baby Cakes.
- Viv of Seattle Bon Vivant made Dark Chocolate Cupcakes.
- Reid of 'Ono Kine Grindz made Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate Cupcakes.
- Kelli of Lovescool made Easter Egg Cupcakes.
- Chefdoc of A Perfect Pear made Rhubarb Streusel Cakes.
- ST of Cheat Eat made Huat Kueh, Chinese Prosperity Cake.
- Mollie, the 8 year old niece of Sam of Becks & Posh, made Fairy Cakes.
- Here are my Easter Bunny Cupcakes.
Part Two: Sweet Muffins
- Zorra of Kochtopf made Raffaello muffins (Raffaellos are white chocolate truffles covered with coconut.)
- Laurie made fruity Muffins Tropicaux.
- Christina of peasprout sprouts made sourdough muffins.
- Augustus Gloop of Grab Your Fork made the very exotic sounding lime, white chocolate and coconut muffins.
- Celia of English Patis made Simnel Muffins.
- Julie of A Finger In Every Pie made two kinds of muffins: Chocolate-filled Chocolate Chip Chocolate Crumb Muffins and Apple Crumble Muffins.
- Meg of Too Many Chefs also made two muffins: Coconut Banana Muffins and Apple Crumble Muffins.
- pinkcocoa from Pinkcocoa Tabetai made Volcano Muffins. See above for her cupcakes!
- Alberto of Il Forno made Hazelnut flavored Cinnamon Apple Muffins.
- Clotilde of Chocolate and Zucchini made Muffins à la Framboise, Eclats de Fève de Cacao (Raspberry Muffins with Cacao Nibs, but of course it sounds much better in French.)
- Stephanie of The Adventures of Pie Queen made A Bran Muffin That Doesn't Suck.
- Petra of Chili und Ciabatta made Bee Sting Muffins.
- Kathi aka Froschköningen made Egg liqueur muffins or muffins for princesses.
- Amy of Cooking With Amy made Cranberry Zinger Muffins.
- Ronald of Love Sicily made Muffin “Cioccolato Modicano agli Agrumi” e salsa di zabaione, which is chocolate muffins (he uses a special chocolate) in a zabaione (warm foamy custard) sauce, but of course it sounds much better in Italian.
- Elise of Simply Recipes made Blackberry Muffins.
- Anne of Anne's Food made Raspberry Marzipan Muffins.
- Peggy of bouquet garni made Cherry Muffins.
- Katie of Sharp Cookie made Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- knit wit of domestic affairs made Apple Oat Bran Muffins.
- Miss Tenacity of Tenacity Flog made My Terrifying Bran Muffins, aka Tenacity of the Colon.
- Gemma of Part-Time Pro Bono Baker made Banana Muffins.
- Jacquez of Upside-Down-Pear made Banana Breakfast Muffins.
- Sigfrid of Il Cavoletto di Bruxelles made Strawberry, balsamico & pink pepper muffins.
Part Three: Savory Muffins (or Cupcakes)
- FoodNerd made ham-scallion-parmesan mini cakes.
- Yoko of The Ballad of Yoko made her favorite muffins, corn muffins with green onions and sour cream.
- Jeanne of Cook, Sister! made Peppadew and Parmesan muffins. She explains that peppadews are sweet piquant peppers from South Africa.
- Dr. Biggles of MeatHenge made Chicken Curry Muffins.
- Anthony of spiceblog made Manly Muffins, avoiding sugariness and thus preserving his manliness. :)
- Irene of Cuisine Capers made Bacon and Cheese Puff Muffins.
- Karen of The Pilgrim's Pots and Pans (what a great blog name!) made Savoury Tomato Muffins.
- Daphne of Kitchen Crazy made the definitely not-crappy looking Crappy Cheese Carrot Cupcakes.
- Gastronomie made Melted Leek Muffins with Cheddar, and adjusted the recipe later too.
- Alice of My Adventures In The Breadbox made Radish Sandwiches on Zucchini Basil Muffins, turning muffins into sandwiches.
- Mia of Nosh made The End-All Muffin, which has pears, goat cheese, and nuts in it...wow.